Sunday, February 15, 2009

Craigslist

So I have always been a huge ebay fan, but now I am joining the ranks of Craiglist users. We have had an extra queen bed sitting around for a month that I have been trying to decide what to do with, until one of my friends suggested selling it on Craigslist. "Oh, I don't know" I said, "do people really want a used mattress?" YES THEY DO!!! In less than 24 hours of listing it someone came by, gave me $100 cash, and took it away! I had to pull the ad right away because we were tired of getting calls. Same thing with my old dryer. We were just going to have them haul it away when the new one comes, but someone came and gave me $60 and then took it away! So I am now searching through the house, asking myself what else can I sell?

In related news, it has been a long two weeks without a washer and dryer. I have done three loads at friend's houses, but let me just tell you, the laundry is piling up and I am seriously having anxiety about it. I also have this fear that they for some reason won't show up tomorrow with the new ones. I'll keep you posted.

We had a fun Valentine's Day yesterday. The last few years Tim has gotten Rachel flowers which she absolutely goes crazy over (she is a gift person for all "Five Love Language" fans). She spends long blocks of time just sitting and gazing at them. We also had some friends over for dinner and games which was super fun. I wish I had taken some pictures though!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

We gave away our moving boxes for free on craigslist! It works great! I just found out Laurel bought a trampoline off of it too!

Good luck on the laundry! I know how it goes when you don't have one for a few days--it piles up and stresses you out! ;)

The new ones look fabulous! I hope they arrive on time for you! :)

Paul and Sarah England Family said...

Reb- I got your blog off of facebook. What a cute family!! I also am a fan of craigslist. It is the best way to get rid of things!

Unknown said...

Craigslist Rocks (and I never through around the word "rocks" but it just goes good with Craigslist)! I sold our SUV last summer within an hour of posting it and had 3 other people on their way...I was amazed (maybe that meant I listed it too low). Anyway, I'm fond of C.L. Who knew people would pay me to come haul away my junk? P.S. Did your new washer/dryer show up?

Unknown said...

P.S.S. I'm your new Visiting Teacher. Yahoo! I've been under the weather for the past week but will be calling soon. (Already starting with the excuses...how do you like that?)

Laurel said...

just think though with your new washer and dryer you will be able to do all that laundry in half the time!!! there is always a positive right? i was impressed with craigslist myself. i have never sold anything on it but i just bought an awesome trampoline from it and it was so cheap. i do have a fridge in my garage maybe i will try to sell that. glad you had a great valentines day! the flowers for rachel are so pretty. what a sweet dad she has.

Keeping Up With the Jones said...

Hi! I love your blog--got it off facebook too. It is so nice to see your family and see that it looks like you are doing well. Keep in touch!