I had been looking for shoes exactly like these for about a year and half when they magically appeared in the Johnson and Murphy catalog. My Mom had to get a pair too because they are that cute. You'll notice Jenna trying to sneak off with them in the picture. She has good taste too.
I am one to buy birthday presents when I see them. These are for Jenna's birthday in October, then maybe she won't take mine! Shhhh, don't tell.
This shower curtain I bought a few months ago to replace the boring white one that used to hang there.
So Jenna's swimsuit actually has a story to it. I had seen the swimsuit online back in Jan or Feb but they were out of the size I needed. So several days later I was at the mall and stopped at Gymboree to see if they had any in their store. I had Jenna and Rach in the double stroller and as I walk in the store the sales lady asks me if there is anything she can do for me. I asked her if they had gotten any of the zebra swimsuits and as she is trying to tell me that no, they didn't get any at the Tucson mall, but La Encantata had some, Jenna lets out one of her LOUD pterodactyl yells. Seriously, she sounds just like you would imagine a pterodactyl would sound except maybe LOUDER (those of you have heard this can vouch for me). So then this woman, who I am sure sees obnoxious children all day long, looks at me just horrified with this look that says "what is wrong with that child!?" So not being able to resist myself I reply: "She just really wants a zebra swimsuit." Again, the woman just looks at me horrified, a bit panicky, and thinking I am serious about the reason for my upset child asks if she can call over to La Encantata for me. We cut our losses at that point and left the store, but luckily I did find the suit at La Encantata. However, I, am still not over the fact that I could not find one in my size.
PS I found Rachel's suit on ebay....my other addiction!
3 comments:
I LOVE zebra print too, we can be the crazy print ladies together, modbe has a great zebra print top...
Yeah! You found the shoes! Some things are totally worth the wait. They are adorable. Great find.
have you ever seen that show intervention?...hee hee. happy birthday btw.
Post a Comment