So anytime I have a dream that I can remember it is usually a stressful one. Either I am running from someone or something, or I am in a very stressful situation, or someone is hurt, things like that. One of my friends told me the other day that her husband has these reoccurring dreams where he is a secret agent. THAT sounds preferable to my dreams, at least he is accomplishing something in HIS dreams. Tim, on the other hand, ALWAYS has fun and happy dreams, the kind that you wake up in a good mood from. So the other morning when I asked him how he has slept last night he says to me "I slept okay, but I had this dream that woke me up." "Oh really, I say, what was it?" So then he proceeds to tell me about his dream in which someone gave him a strawberry pie and he was so excited and happy that it woke him up. "Oh, I'm sorry, did your happy dream wake you up?" So that whole day I was a little troubled for a myriad of reasons:
- Why can't I have dreams like this instead of the ones I do have? Do I just make life more stressful then it is and then carry it into my dreams?
- Have I neglected making things like pies for Tim so much so that he has to dream about them?
- Would making a pie for Tim really make him that happy?
So anyway, after my cleaning was done yesterday I went into the kitchen and made Tim a pie. When he came home, he actually was pretty excited. Was it the pie of his dreams? I suppose I will never quite know.
2 comments:
You are too sweet. What a great wife that is sensitive to your husbands needs of a PIE!!! I would love to have those kinds of dreams too. I with you I have scary dreams and forget them usually by morning time. I think I will just make up a dream and tell seth and see if he will make me a treat:)
hee hee. pie. you are so nice, and domestic. i would have told joe to buy ME a pie. strawberry pie sounds pretty tasty. if it makes you feel better, i have dreams of forgetting to set the alarm and bad guys coming through the roof or something. or that there was a class i didn't take i high school so they take my BA away. dreams
Post a Comment