Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Past

So about Mother's Day - I have always said that I didn't want to be one of those mothers who felt guilty every Mother's Day wishing she were a better mother. I totally don't feel that way, because I feel like I am trying the very best I can. However, this Mother's Day I am feeling a little sad because I don't get to talk to my mother who is in Denmark with Dad on a trip they have wanted to go on for years. I am missing her, but it prompted me to get out pictures from previous Mother's Days, and you know what I found?? Mom has taken a lot of trips on Mother's Day! This isn't even close to the first Mother's Day she has been gone for. Hopefully that is just because May is such a good time to travel and not because she was trying to escape us! Happy Mother's Day to Mom and all other Mothers reading this!

Can you believe it, this is the first picture I found with my Mother on Mothers Day, the year is 1994. I don't suppose us children could have dressed up just a little for the picture. Also, seeing my sister in sweats makes me remember just how warm it is here in May (101 today). Do you think we just escaped a flood or something - me with my short shorts and Amanda with her short pants.

Apparently trying to make up for lost pictures from years past, we all reassembled and dressed up a little more for another one here in 1995. I needed a good friend to tell me not to wear those white nylons though. Oh, and that skirt and belt too.

Here we are in 1997 looking a little spiffier. Doesn't mom look great!

With Mom in 1998 and missing Robert who was on his mission. This is the last one I have with my Mom on a Mother's Day. It looks like we need to get together again for Mother's Day. Maybe next year.
2003, my first Mother's Day as a Mother.

2004. On my first Mother's Day I had one child and on my second I had two!

Mother's Day 2006.

Mother's Day 2008
Mother's Day this afternoon.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love it that you take pictures every year.....good idea that I may start! My mother is in Hawaii, and she travels around mothers day quite a bit as well....oh well. hope you had a great day, hoping also to see you this summer? give us a call if you come up! a girls trip is coming soon, I can feel it!

montanawildflower said...

:) ha ha, I totally remember your outfit from 1995 and 1997! Rebecca, I'm never going to let you wear white tights/nylons again. You look absolutely gorgeous in your picture from yesterday! Love your hair. Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

I love blast from the past pictures! I wouldn't ever dare do that! I love the idea of taking a M.D. picture with your kids. I'm going to start doing that.
Happy Mother's Day!

Laurel said...

You look so good! Thats too funny that your mom likes to be gone for mothers day. That was a really fun post to look at and remember years past. Glad that you had a good Mothers Day!