Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rachel Turns Five!

Rachel had her fifth birthday on the 19th. It is our year for parties (odd years they get to have a party), so here are a few pictures:



This one is a picture of her wearing my old dress my Mom made for me when I was her age. I love it when she wears it!

In other news, the DVD player in the playroom had not been working well for a few weeks, so finally Tim found some time (he has been extremely busy lately) to take it apart (he loves to take things apart) and this is what he found inside:
I am sure there were some good reasons why the kids thought these items needed to be inside the DVD player. Still though, these don't even COMPARE to what we found a few years ago in one of the speakers. I am just glad to know that barbie is going to have her cup back, and so far the DVD player has been working again!



4 comments:

montanawildflower said...

Rachel looks so darn cute in that dress! And, phew, I'm sure Barbie has been panic stricken over where her lost cup went.

my pocketbook said...

So sweet when little girl's wear their mama's dresses. My grandsons killed their computer tower with 77 cents in assorted coins and a library card. Here's to better days for Barbies and computer towers!

Laurel said...

That is so funny. Dont you just love kids. They make me laugh all the time. Rachel is such a pretty girl and the dress I love! What a good idea to have birthdays every other year!

rufannmama said...

hee hee. that looks like some of barbie's good glassware. i bet some sort of rescue hero or something hid it from her. btw -- check one off the honey do's!