Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Sound of Silence

So it is the first day of school today. Jenna and I took a very excited kindergartner and a not-so-excited first grader over to the school this morning. For Jenna's part, this is the moment she has been waiting for her WHOLE life - Mom all to herself! We have had a fun and quiet day here at the house. Jenna watched one episode of Dora and then has been enjoying all of the toys to herself. She also took the best nap she has in over two months. Nevertheless, we are excited to pick the kids up in a few minutes and are dying to hear about their first day. It does seem eerily quiet here though, and I have also had to resist the urge to dump the bucket of legos out. They just seem so out-of-place all picked up like. I also keep thinking I need to get the box of fruit snacks down because I am going to be asked for some any minute, but no, they have just sat there on the shelf the whole day. I can tell it is going to take some adjusting. Meanwhile, I am filled with excitement for Eric and Rach. What a fun time of life for them, and how fun for me to get to watch them grow up like this as their Mother!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I can't believe they've started already! Madeleine is pretty excited, but she has to wait two more weeks! Benjamin is not as excited.

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't even imagine a quiet house! Hope they (and you) and a great first day!

Laurel said...

I love first days of school! I think summer can just be too long:) Hope they had a great day and want to keep going back.

The Holliston Reams said...

Congratulations on surviving the first day of quiet & calm. Don't worry, in February it will be crazy again!!! Congratulations to you and Tim on the newest addition :)