Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baby is a GIRL!

We had our ultrasound appointment yesterday, and found out that we are having a baby girl! I had had the mindset that we were having a boy, so it has been a bit of an adjustment, but I pretty much feel adjusted now. I am super excited for this baby girl. To have three little girls that I need to be a role model for feels like a big responsibility. I feel blessed and honored. Eric was obviously disappointed when we told him, but then one of the sweetest things happened that I have ever witnessed between my children. Little Jenna (who is almost two) came over to him and started stroking his head with her little hand as if to say "it's okay Eric this little sister is going to be part of us, and we will take care of each other." It was very tender especially coming from her who is in full sterotypical two-year-old form these days. Eric is going to be just fine with all of his sisters. I am so grateful for these children and feel privileged to have them and to raise them. Everything looks fine and normal with the baby in the ultrasound. I will spare you having to look at our ultrasound pictures by not posting them (but can I just say that ultrasound machines have come a long way since my pregnancy with Eric). Now I just need to go sort through the baby girl clothes, I know there are some things I can't possibly bear to see on another baby again. I see a few matching dresses in our future. Good thing I am such a good shopper!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Another girl...congratulations! You are the best role model I can imagine for your three sweethearts!

Erin said...

Congrats! looks like David and Jonna are the only ones who got what they were expecting this time around!

BernsteinBunch said...

so fun! congratulations.

rufannmama said...

hurray for little girls! boo for feeling obligated to use clothes 3 times in a row! congrats.