Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Trip to Grandma's & A Sick Mom

Last week Tim had a conference he had to be to in Maryland. Being as it was the kids fall break from school all week he decided to take both Eric and Rachel back to see his Mom. The kids were SOOO excited. Who can beat riding on an airplane AND seeing Grandma? From what I hear everyone seemed to have a good time, except perhaps Grandma's kitty who probably was not disappointed when it was time for the kids to leave. Grandma watched the kids while Tim was in meetings for two days, and then Friday they all went to one of Tim's all-time favorite places - the National Aquarium in Baltimore. Here are a few pictures that I pulled off the camera:

(This is Eric & Rachel's cousin Nate who is with them who lives back in Maryland also.)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, while it was 42 degrees in Maryland, we were having the all too common 97 degrees in October, which usually really bothers me, but didn't really matter last week because I came down with the stomach flu. It was pretty bad, and I will spare you the details, but suffice to say, pregnancy and the stomach flu are not a good combination. It only lasted 24 hours, but I spent the rest of the week gaining my strength back and unfortunately didn't get any of my anticipated projects completed.

It was so nice to see the kids and Tim when they came home (even Jenna missed the kids - I think). We are finally back on schedule. The kids all came home with adorable pajamas that Grandma had made them. Rachel also came home with a fabulous Grandma White made costume. Pictures to come next week after Halloween....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor thing. I'm glad you're feeling better (at least from the stomach flu).

Janice said...

I'm sure Cleo is wondering where everybody went. She is such a social little cat that like to be around people. And Eric and Rachel were kind to her, so she was just fine with them. Life is pretty boring with just me!