Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dance Recital

Ah, there is nothing quite like a dance recital. Nothing quite like paying your $50 costume/recital fee and then driving all the way down to the UofA the day before for rehearsal and walking all over campus with a six year old, a two year old and a new baby with your double stroller trying to find the Crowder auditorium and then trying to entertain the two year old and new baby for THREE hours waiting for the rehearsal to end so you can drive back home with a screaming baby who is tired and hungry (rightly so). And then to be up all night with your little dancer because she has the stomach flu and then to have to miss the whole recital the next day. Ahh, life as a mother. I wouldn't trade it for anything. And just think I have THREE girls. My tired brain can't even begin to compute how many dance recitals are in my future. Love you Rachel, don't love the $50 costume that doesn't even come close to being worth $50, but LOVE you Rachel, hope you are feeling better soon.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I was at a dress rehearsal this week being super grateful that I only have one daughter. Those costumes are a total rip off. SHe looks cute though!

Amanda said...

Poor Rach. I feel for you...Todd started throwing up half hour before we had to leave for graduation and didn't stop all night. Grandma Judy volunteered to skip graduation and stay home with him. Weird that our kids contracted the flu at the same time. Boo!

Becky said...

what a good mom! This is my scenario, it just happens to be on every soccer and baseball field in the valley.....in the rain and wind and such. I feel your pain in a little different way!

Unknown said...

Oh no! Poor little girl. She does look darling though.

I remember those dance recital days. 15 min. of rehearsing, 3 hours of waiting, 2 hour round trip commute, getting to wear makeup at age 5...priceless!

Shannon said...

Oh I so know how you feel about the costume!!! You are suck a trooper and such a good mom!!! I am sure she will remember thing later and be happy that you did things the way you did:)