Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Escaping the Heat to Utah

**I apologize for these pictures being old now, but I have been so frustrated with blogger lately. I've tried a few times to update and it keeps deleting my photos. Does anyone else have this trouble?? Luckily we did just fine this time! Here is our trip from Utah in July:
Yes, we definitely escaped the heat on our trip up to Utah this year. They had perfect weather for us which we really appreciated. Here are some of the pictures from our trip in random order:




We had to celebrate the 4th without Tim this year. He had to finish some things down in Tucson and joined us about a week later. We borrowed the neighbors red golf cart to participate in my parent's neighborhood parade and 4th of July breakfast. Let me tell you, it was a huge hit with the kids!








Jenna LOVES these little shopping carts that they have at the grocery store by my parent's house. I want to know what it takes to get some at our local store??










I spent one evening catching up with old friends from my neighborhood growing up. It is such a privilege to count them as my friends. It is nice to know that there are people who knew me and put up with me way back then and still count me as a friend!









Eric turns nine! Nine is a hard year for me because I realize that I am half-way through raising this kid before he leaves off to college. There is so much to teach him, how can I be half-way done having him in my home???










Really, is it possible to own TOO MANY lego?
















We went to a cowboy breakfast one Saturday with my brother and sister and their families. It was pretty fun!








My Mom had made all of these pioneer skirts and bonnets for the kids to play "pioneer" in. I believe they pioneer trekked it with the little wagon around the neighborhood until someone said "this is hard." I'm sure that was not the first time those words were uttered by a pioneer.









Grandma took these two pretty cousins to a wedding reception one evening.











Ah, life with three girls. You can never have enough play necklaces or dress-up shoes.











We spent one of the weeks of our vacation up in Park City at a family reunion with Tim's family. The whole family was able to make it. Lots of fun with cousins!









One afternoon we went up to the 2002 Olympic park which was super fun.














Tim rode the zip line twice with his brother Chris.









This was fascinating to watch ski-jumpers in training coming down the giant ski jump and land in the pool below.










Tim's sister took this picture of Lizzy all ready for the prayer on the dinner. Now if we could just get a certain almost four-year-old to do the same!





Fun trip to Utah this year, as you can see we had a lot going on. Everyone was happy to get home though. School started a mere two weeks later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. You'll have to give us a ring next time you come to town.

BTW, which grocery store has the mini shopping carts? Must go there!