My book club read the book "The Five Love Languages" this month, and can I just say that I am a huge fan! I wish I had read it years ago. It makes so much sense! The author says that each of us has a primary love language which is one of the following: - Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
- Receiving Gifts
- Acts of Service
- Physical Touch
He talks about how different people express love in different ways. What speaks volumes to you may be meaningless to your spouse. He also talks about figuring out the love language of your children and how that can dramatically affect the emotional climate in the family.
We had such a great discussion at my book club. I understand why I feel certain ways about different experiences in my life now and why certain things really bother or affect me. My primary love language - Words of Affirmation.
So now I am curious, has anyone else read this? If so, what is your love language??
2 comments:
I haven't read it, but we had a speaker once talk about it. I'm a present person. Benjamin is a quality time person. Madeleine might also be a present person, or she might just be a 4 year old girl. I think Adam is a words of affirmation. Because it sure isn't presents or quality time.
I read this years ago (about 11, to be exact) in college. I'd like to re-read, and I'd really like to discuss with you at length. I think this is a super interesting concept, and I believe in its validity. Not only does it help you to offer loving gestures in ways that are meaningful to your loved one, but it also helps you to recognize their expressions of love for you ... which may not have been so obvious before.
Post a Comment