The Bad: Tim found another dead scorpion in the garage.
The Ugly (and I mean really ugly): So the other week one evening we get a call from the neighbors across the street to say that there is a pack (five or six) of Javelinas who had knocked over our trash can and were having a snack (how tasty could that be?). So Tim (bravely in my opinion), hoping to chase them off, goes out running toward them making loud sounds. The Javelinas could not even bother to look up to acknowledge him, they just kept right on eating. So he keeps trying, they keep ignoring him. So then the neighbor gets in her car and drives straight toward them honking her horn. Finally a few of them move, but were grumpy about it. Eric and I were watching the whole thing happen from his bedroom window and as they are finally all scattering, it occurs to me, why was I not video taping this??? I realize several of you are quite skeptical that javelinas really do exist. I am not making this up! So to prove my point, I luckily was able to get a picture of the last one to flee the scene. They really are about the ugliest animal I have ever seen.
Deb & Glen across street really are the best neighbors you could ever want, they even helped pick of the trash afterwords - I mean the trash that wasn't eaten!
10 comments:
Oh I can just see Tim running at the javelinas. It reminds me of Tim carrying Matt and running at pigeons down in Washington D.C. How funny!
GROSS!!!
next time maybe if tim asks them nicely they will leave. you guys must have tasty trash!
Maybe if I get on his back we'll look big enough to scare them. That is if he could still cary me on his back.
Great shot! It's hard to get proof of those stinkers in the dark!
We've had a lot of trash attacks on our street lately, too. I wonder why this year it's so bad compared to the past 2 others we've been here.
?
Did you find the scorpion alive?
wow! gross, gross, gross.
Please, please, please move to Phoenix! I've never seen a Javelina yet! :) And there's a Nordstrom nearby. Come on ... you know you want to.
Hey Rebecca! It looks like you've been up to a ton of fun. I love your haircut. The kids are all so adorable. I'm sorry to hear about Tim's dad. I can definitely understand what he's feeling right now. Your family is in my prayers!
that is crazy. i would have loved to see it for myself. i love arizona you really live in the best place. i heard that new mexico is like tucson so i hope we will like it. i am hoping that they dont have scorpions though. i am sure we will find a new kind of bug that will be just as bad!
Post a Comment