On another note, we had a fun Easter. We went up to Chandler to stay the night with our friends the Roberts on Friday and then had an Easter egg hunt in the morning. The girls were so adorable in the dresses Grandma White made.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Joy School
Ahhhh, it is nice to sit down and relax for a minute. We had Joy School at our house today. Many of you know that I am a huge fan of Joy School, this is my fourth year at it. Those of you not familiar with the program can check it out at www.valuesparenting.com. I only have one more week of my turn for this year and we are done for two more years until Jenna is old enough. Most of my group will be all finished by then which I am sad about. Luckily there are still some of us who will be around though. I can't even start to list all of the things I have learned from Joy School let alone my children! Living here in Arizona surrounded by a large population of retired people I am constantly stopped by someone who tells me that my kids are so precious and to "enjoy them while they are young, because they grow up so fast!" Joy School helps me to feel like I am enjoying this stage of life, I don't feel like I will look back and feel like I didn't make the most of it while they were young. My hat is off to the Eyrings who set up Joy School while raising ten children of their own. Anytime I feel frustrated in parenting or with my children I think of them and their examples and stories and I am encouraged to try harder and do better.
On another note, we had a fun Easter. We went up to Chandler to stay the night with our friends the Roberts on Friday and then had an Easter egg hunt in the morning. The girls were so adorable in the dresses Grandma White made.
On another note, we had a fun Easter. We went up to Chandler to stay the night with our friends the Roberts on Friday and then had an Easter egg hunt in the morning. The girls were so adorable in the dresses Grandma White made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been considering home schooling my kids just because the schools just seem to be getting worse and worse and I have always heard people that do that kind of thing say that they love the time and experiences they get to have with their kids. Glad it has been such a great thing for you.
Post a Comment