Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving and Beyond

I know I have been quite lax in my blog postings lately. Like most things these days though, I am going to blame it on my pregnancy. My nausea finally left when I hit the six month mark which I am so grateful for, but now it has been replaced by being uncomfortable and not sleeping. I do feel like I am dragging myself throughout the day now and small activities are a lot of effort. Nevertheless, I am down to my last two months now and am getting excited for the new baby.

Just a little update on our Thanksgiving. This year we had two families over who we are good friends with, and have had Thanksgiving with in the past. It was really a nice day, but I was completely exhausted at the end. The next day was a nice break however. Tim and a bunch of other Dads had decided they would take the kids camping. It was beautiful weather that weekend. This worked out so nicely for everyone, I am hoping it becomes a tradition. Here are a few pictures I pulled off the camera:

This picture was at the top of a mountain they hiked to. I don't know if there were any other girls who made it to the top, but apparently Rachel ran all the way up there. She is such a little runner.

So on the 22nd of November Tim and I also celebrated out 10th anniversary. Here is the picture I posted of us on facebook:
Every time I look at our wedding pictures I am struck by how well-rested we look. I suppose three and a half children have really take a tole on how weary we look these days.

So the Christmas season is in full swing here these days. We have been to parties every single weekend night since December began and half of the Thursdays. I am completely exhausted. We have one more scheduled for next Saturday night and then I am going to retire socially until this baby is born. Here is one of the pictures I took of the kids in their Christmas shirts:
So one last picture before I sign off. The other day Rachel had a informal dance recital and here is the picture Tim took before we left:
She just can resist posing for the camera!

Hope everyone is doing well this holiday season!

6 comments:

Melissa White said...

Wow only two more months left! Hang in there, soon you will be holding your little sweetheart. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed spending time with Eric and Rachel, you have wonderful, beautiful children. Take care and hope to see you soon. Melissa..

Unknown said...

6 month mark and nausea finally went away? Oh my, do I ever feel for you. Hope you can get some rest from here on out.

Becky said...

I think once you become parents you don't get that well rested look back! Hope you get lots of r&r over the christmas break, and the next couple months.....if not sleeping, then atleast sit and relax!

Susy said...

I want to be your facebook friend, but I can't find you! Find me at Susy Rosenberg Benson!

So so exciting to have a new little one's arrival so close! I can't seem to talk myself into taking the "mother of four" plunge!

Laurel said...

Sounds like you have been super busy. I am with you on the tired pregnancy thing. I am so anxious for it to be over and to meet my little guy. I am glad that you are feeling better but sad that you are so tired now. Hang in there I cant wait to see pics of the baby.

The Cannons said...

You have been such a trooper- I'm so proud of you:) hang in there!!