I have two stories I want to write down before I forget them. They are completely different and unrelated. I figured since this is my blog I have a platform to brag about my children once in a while....Right?? The first is about Rachel....
So a few months ago I had a woman from church come up to me. She is relatively new to the area and is probably in her early 20s. She says to me "I just LOVE your daughter." "Oh really, I say, which one?" "Your five year old," she says, and then proceeds with the following story. So apparently Rachel comes up to her one day out of the blue never having talked to her before and asks her: "Are you a REAL princess?" The woman was a little taken aback and didn't know how to respond and finally says: "No sweetie, I am not." Then Rachel says: "Well, you look JUST LIKE a real princess." Okay, how would that seriously not make your day to have a five year old say that to you in all sincerity. So many times you worry about what your children are going to say, but this time, I am pleased. So, you can see why this woman now LOVES my daughter. I love her too!

So the other story is about Eric and happened this morning while I was helping him get ready for church. He says to me: "Mom, does everyone have to go on a mission?" We talked about how yes, all boys should go on missions and about how girls can go if it is the right thing for them. "How will they know if it is right or not?" I said "Well, they should pray about it, and you can pray right now to know if you should go on a mission one day too." I was humbled a little when he then said to me: "I don't need to pray about it, the prophet already said I should go and I know I should." And my seven year old son has his own testimony of a living prophet guiding us today, and I am pleased. I am going to pray he never loses it.
I just love these kids sooo much. Who knew that parenting was going to be so rewarding??
4 comments:
Looks like you are doing quite a number of things right! Keep it up!
both great stories (you don't need to apologize for telling either of them!) I love hearing the things that kids have to say.
(When nick was young we talked about missionaries and he started to cry and said he couldn't leave me and go on a mission......glad he loves me that much, but hope he chooses differently at 19!)
How sweet are those stories! Your kids are all so sweet. I love being in Primary with Eric and Rachel, they are both such good kids.
What wonderful stories...a true testiment to what wonderful parents both you and Tim are. Your children are the lucky ones :)
Post a Comment