Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's About the Little People....

My little people and I have been busy lately! It just feels like they are growing up so fast (with the exception of Jenna, because I feel like two-year-olds never grow up fast). It has been so much fun having four children, busy yes, but lots of fun too. Last Sunday they were all lying on the bed together and I felt such gratitude for each of them.

Not so easy to get anyone to hold still for a picture! Aren't they just adorable!

Eric started in the cub scout program recently and earned his bobcat award. He is absolutely loving it. At the pack meeting they called him for the award and I was called up as well so he could give me the "mom's pin." I stood there thinking "wait, I am clearly not old enough to have a son in cub scouts and to get a pin." I remember MY mom doing that. How did I get so old?

So Tim was out of town all last week and got home late Friday night. Waiting for him was a note Eric had written. It was so cute, this is what he said "Dear dad WELCOME! Hi! I'm glad you are home. I've prayd for you. and hoped you would bring us some candy. I'll give you time to rest too! love you. Sinsserly Eric." How adorable is that!


Our monsoon season has wrapped up here, but it seems like it was a good one this year. Here is a picture of the kids having fun with the water. Living in the desert, it really is exciting when it rains.

Lizzy is just the most adorable little baby. She, however, has lately decided she is a big kid just like her siblings who she absolutely adores and thinks are quite entertaining. They just cart her around all day and she is quite pleased about it. She is now crawling all over the place and checking things out. We are just in love with her! I seriously didn't know just how much fun having four children would be, it has almost surprised me!

4 comments:

rufannmama said...

love the little people! love your new blog look, too. and, love love your new family photo!

Tree said...

Hi Rebecca, Your children are so beautiful and look like they are all a lot of fun. You & Tim have a wonderfully blessed family :) The new blog looks amazing!

Becky said...

love this post! four is fun, busy and fun!

FYI there is a "mother's neckalace" at the scout store that you can put your mother's pins on.....ask for it, it's blue and gold on one side (for cubs) and red and green on the other (for scouts) so it will hold all the pins throughout the years! if they don't have it, let me know and I'll get you one up here! I love scouts!

Laurel said...

You are such a good mom that Eric already has his bobcat. I just cant keep up with all the stuff they have to do each week. Luke loves to go but doesnt like to work on anything. He is such a stinker. I cant believe that your Lizzy is crawling. Isnt she younger than mine. He wants nothing to do with it. He just sits in one spot and when he is done playing he fusses to be picked up. You have such a cute little family.