Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hawaii

Tim and I took a much needed trip to Hawaii a few weeks ago. SOOOO relaxing. My Mom was nice enough to come and watch the kids for a week so we could get away. I don't know what we would have done without her, I am so grateful. While we were gone for the week they had an absolute blast with Grandma.


We flew direct from Phoenix to Honolulu and then checked in at the Hilton in Waikiki. The place is massive! Tim got us a room facing the beach which was fabulous. This is a view from our balcony. Luckily we were out and about a lot on Oahu because the Hilton employees were on strike during most of our stay. Quite annoying, and just reinforced our anti-union position!



One morning we drove out to Hanauma Bay which was spectacular. Tim did a bunch of snorkeling but I did a bunch of what I came out to do, relax and read on the beach.


Not a great picture, but here is Tim on the boat in front of the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor.

We spent a day at the Polynesian Cultural center and stayed for the Lula that night as well as their spectacular night show "Ha, Breath of Life."

After Oahu we flew to the island of Maui. Words cannot express how in love with fell with the Fairmont hotel in Wailea. I'm thinking our next vacation needs to be wherever they have a Fairmont, that is how awesome it was.

LOVED the beach in Wailea.
Tim is certified SCUBA, but we didn't plan ahead enough to have him take a refresher course before we left. Rather then spending a half a day of vacation doing that, he just decided to go on a snorkel trip out to Molokini (again, me relaxing on the beach).

We had such a great time and came back so relaxed. Happy 11th anniversary to Tim and me(next month that is).

3 comments:

Becky said...

that's so awesome! so glad you had a nice, relaxing vacation! They are necessary every now and then!

montanawildflower said...

love the pics - looked like you guys had a wonderful time! And you look gorgeous as always!!

Laurel said...

You are so lucky!!! How fun. I am sure that you are all ready to be back to those sweet kids though... It is beautiful there.