Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving in Utah

By request here are the pictures from our Thanksgiving trip to Utah. It was such a fun time. My sister-in-law Emily threw the most wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, everything was absolutely perfect. It was kind of Robert and Emily to host us all. As much fun as it was, it was nice to get back to our perfect 80 degree weather in Arizona. I still haven't had to run the heater in the house since we got back from that trip. Here are the pictures, I don't know what got into me, I usually don't take so many (in random order):
The kids table. Emily had plates made for each child that said some things they were thankful for.
I'm thankful for this little guy.....
...and for these two crazies who both have freakishly long tongues.....
...and for this one who has one of the kindest hearts. She loves her cousin Anna.....
...I'm even thankful for this one who has given me the biggest run-for-my-money I have ever experienced. LOVE you Jenna. Here she is with her cousin Ruthie who is about six weeks older....
...also, I am super thankful for wonderful parents who have made FABULOUS grandparents!
Here are all nine of my parents grandchildren. I pointed out to my mother a few months ago that she now has just as many grandchildren as HER mother has. Quite an accomplishment! It was purely coincidence that all the girls are wearing pink and the boys red. I kid you not! Also, yes, this picture was just as loud as it looks!
The beautiful table setting at the adult table.
Now, this is a picture of Robert, Tim and Carson doing a 3-man push-up. And yes, this picture too was just as noisy as it looks as well. Lots of grunting. See, this is a perfect example of what I keep telling Eric: You will have brothers one day too Eric! Doesn't this look like a brother thing to do. Way to go for the brother-in-laws!
Because the 3-man push-ups apparently weren't enough, Rob did some with the kids on his back.
Lizzy appears ready to bush any hair that might grow at any moment.
Coloring with the cousins.
Ah, the ever popular "Angry Bird" game on my new iPhone.
Lizzy with her precious cousin Lily.
We went down the MTC for church one Sunday (for those of you know know what the MTC is, my parents are in a branch presidency there and their children and grandchildren can attend church there on occasion). Cousins Paige, Lijah and Taylor came with us.

I thought this was so adorable. My little Arizona babies in awe at seeing the snow. They played in it a good five minutes before realizing that it was super cold and maybe they would come in.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting. Good job on taking pictures. You have way better ones than me. I guess I missed the three man pushup. I'm thinking that was Carson's idea?

Becky said...

Love all the pictures! Everyone is getting so big!

montanawildflower said...

looks like so much fun! Excited to see you in a couple of weeks!

Laurel said...

I for sure would not want to visit Utah in the winter. Way to cold! How fun to be with family though. Thank goodness mine is in AZ. Your baby is so big :(