Friday, September 19, 2008

Fabulous Red Shoes

So this summer my 84 year old Grandma (Barker) had the cutest pair of red high heals. I was commenting on them, and she said that EVERY woman needs a pair of red dress shoes. I couldn't agree more, apparently my taste for fabulous shoes runs in my blood. Already owning a pair myself I unfortunately couldn't use this as an excuse to run out shopping. I did however convince my mom she needed a pair. These are the ones she got:



I have always had a policy of not buying my babies shoes until they were able to walk. It would be so easy to get sucked into spending too much money, because hey, anything little (especially shoes) is just adorable. Anyway, even though Jenna can't walk yet I had to get her these shoes (ebay) because they are critical to her Halloween costume. I put them on her and she just fell in love. She couldn't stop playing with them and was bouncing up and down while wearing them. Another time she found them on the floor and crawled over to me and SAT STILL while I put them on her. If only they were magic shoes that made her sit still during church.

So now all four generations of women in my family have a pair of red dress shoes. Grandma, we are all on board!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Red shoes make you feel so fabulous! I haven't put Naish in shoes yet. Jenna is a lucky gal to have her first shoes be red and sparkly. Let me guess...Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween? I bought a pair of red shoes before I had Naish. When I got pregnant my feet were too swollen to wear them. They still don't fit to this day. Darn!

Wall Writer said...

Okay--critical to their costume? Both Emerie and Payton are being 'Dorothy' is Jenna too? It is such a cute outfit my mom is making with the light blue gingham! And, of course, the red glitter shoes, from Target, are essential to pull it off!!

Red shoes sure make someone's day!! ;)

Laurel said...

i havent been brave enough to get red shoes yet. yours are super cute. of course the girls shoes are cute as well but i really like yours. you will have to take a picture of your outfit when you wear them so i can see what to wear them with. by the way i would love to know your cleaning schedule:)