Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Rachel

Yes, it is Wednesday, and those of you who know me well know it is cleaning day. I don't make play dates on Wednesdays, I don't go anywhere, and I don't shower and get dressed up for the day. I also have a very complex rotation of how and what I clean every week, but I won't bore you with the details (unless you are now curious). I do however, save a lot of my phone calls for Wednesdays and make them while I clean. At any rate, today I had to take a quick break from my cleaning to write down the funny things Rachel has said this week before I forget them. She is all but ready to open up her own comedy club. Here they are:

1. So for the past few months she has been diligently praying for the prophet Enoch every day (I have no idea why) but the other day she prayed for Jenna that "she would stop eating her food before the blessing on it was said".

2. The other day I was wearing a silver necklace and she told me it was "shinny like the gold plates." Now it makes me feel a little worldly to wear it for some reason.

3. So Tim is working from home today and while we were having lunch she told him that she thinks he should help more around the house. (And I just have to say here that she really has never heard me say this and I don't think that about Tim). I suppose we should conceal that she may have a nagging tendency to any people she may date in the future.

4. Monday she was in time out, and I had taken Fifi away. She could see Fifi on top of her dresser and kept trying to reassure her that this would not happen again and she was going to be good for now on. Oh, and she promised that it would still be Fifi's birthday when she came down.

She is so fun to have around. Love you Rachel!


3 comments:

Stacie said...

How fun! I wish I would have had an outlet like this to write things down that my kids say! I remember only a few from Madison and Taylor! However, Emerie is at that funny age that she says the darndest things!! I love their honesty!

Rachel is such a young lady now! She is darling! :)

montanawildflower said...

I love Rachel - I hope I have little girls just like her. Miss you!

Oh, by the way - the "packages" contained two leather club chairs from Target. Didn't work in the LR and I'm still debating about one in my office. I'll get a picture posted. I was kind of bummed.

Unknown said...

Kids say the cutest things. I have a pad of paper especially for funny and cute things my Tani says.

Hey, I like the feature on your side bar that displays who has visited and how long ago. How do I install that feature? -Michelle H.