It has been a bit of a crazy week around here. Tim left Sunday morning for Washington DC on a trip for work and then has stayed at his parents house for a few days. We have missed him and are excited for him to come home tonight! The crazy part has been that both Eric and Jenna haven't been feeling well. I had to go pick Eric up from school on Monday because he was sick. It was so sad, I walked into the health office and there he was lying there all miserable. He spent the next day and a half with a fever, just sleeping and not feeling well. Poor little guy! Jenna hasn't been feeling well because her two bottom teeth FINALLY came in and immediately after they poked through she started working on the top two! She has been pretty miserable and wanting to be held constantly. We have been through quite a lot of
tylenol around here this week!
So needless to say I haven't gotten much sleep the last several nights. Last night I thought we were going to be okay, but around midnight I wake up to this thump, thump sound. It took me just a minute to figure out what was going on, but Jenna was in her crib on her hands and knees rocking back and forth and banging her head against the crib. She was in there having a party!! For some reason this was really fun for her, and she couldn't understand why I didn't want to play too.
Anyway, I hope we are over the worst of the sickness, teeth problems and getting up at night. I need some sleep!! Here is a picture of the crew this morning.
So yesterday was parent/teacher conference. Wow, I am such a fan is all I have to say. Who doesn't want to go and hear someone say nice things about their child for 20 minutes? At the end I told the teacher I have another child who would be in kindergarten next year and was there anything I should be working on specifically with her. Her reply - whatever you did with Eric do it with her. Okay, that was the validation I have been looking for for six years! Half the time as a parent I start to feel like I have NO CLUE what I am doing, and I can imagine it only gets worse with teenagers. They are such good kids and it is nice as a parent to have someone remind you.
3 comments:
I figured out who that mysterious visitor from West Virginia is that always comes from my website- It's me. For some weird reason that is where the internet thinks I am located. Strange....
It was good to see Tim. I wish all of the family could have come out. Enjoy having him home again.
You are an extremely great parent! I just hope I'm as good as you. Sorry, your week was so crazy. I hope Eric and Jenna are both feeling better and you're getting caught up on your sleep. I'm hoping I can give you a call sometime this week. I'm long overdue for some of our good girl chat. :)
Wow! To have sick kids and a husband out of town can't be fun! Mom gets miserable too when the kids feel miserable! I hope they are all better!
I like Parent/Teacher conferences too! It is a great one-on-one time to hear about how your child is doing! Sounds like Eric is doing great! :)
Post a Comment