Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tag

So I apparently have been "tagged" by my sister-in-law. I don't know how interesting my answers will be, but here goes...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper hands down!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I am totally an artificial tree person (am in the minority). I absolutely hate going out in the cold to find a tree and then pay $75 for it and then have to somehow strap it to the top of the car and then spend all this time dragging it into the house and adjusting it only to have to vacuum everywhere several times before and after you take it down. So does that make me a scrouge?

3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving, and it usually comes down the day after Christmas!

4. Do you like eggnog? No.

5. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch Doll FOR SURE

6. Hardest person to buy for? My parents

7. Easiest person to buy for? Rachel

8. Do you have a nativity scene? yes

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - except for this year we aren't going to make it.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? That would be the year my boyfriend (not Tim) gave me an iron. I do love to iron, but not what a boyfriend should give for Christmas.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas (even before that was my last name)

12. When do you start shopping? August

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Trader Joe's Jo Jo candy cane cookies.

15. Lights on the tree? White

16. Favorite Christmas song? James Taylor & Natalie Cole sing a version of "Baby it's cold outside" that I am into this year.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home for sure!

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The children each get to open ONE christmas eve, the rest wait until the morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Cold weather

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I am with you Erin, I love the Santa's your mom made last year. She made them while waiting at the hospital for chemo with my father-in-law. They really are amazing.

23. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Honeybaked Ham

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?

25. Who do I tag? Laurel and Amanda

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh good-if you're not doing Christmas cards then i don't need to either!

Shannon said...

I can't believe you got an iron from a boyfriend for Christmas. Did you dump him the next day:)? Love what you want for Christmas!!! I just started the diaper bag thing again but I could probably put a diaper in there huh?