So Eric started school yesterday. It seems to have gone really well for him. I am soooo glad I waited this extra year to send him, he seems a lot more mature and ready to handle school and being gone all day. He all of the sudden seems so grown up! So it was just us girls yesterday. I had forgottn how easy it is just to have two children when running errands. I got so much done yesterday, and even went grocery shopping during the day which I haven't done since Jenna was born. We also went the whole day without one fort being built here at the house (Eric is a big fort builder). I don't want to sound like I don't miss him, because I really do, but it is so exciting to see him move into this next phase of life. I am so proud of the little person he is becoming. Despite being so much work, raising children is SO rewarding! So until Rach starts school this time next year, I am enjoying my year at home with the girls. 
6 comments:
Oh my goodness I'm counting down the days until I only have to take 2 kids on errands with me!
I'm glad Eric did okay. I'm a little worried about Benjamin being gone all day this year--mainly because he seems to always be hungry and he won't be able to have snacks at school!
Wow! I didn't realize that school started so early in Arizona and that this was coming up. Did you shed any tears as he left that morning?
Janice
Congratulations Eric! Good for him doing so well on his first day. I remember one day last year when I was coming home from a play group at about 3:30, and I was behind a bus. It must have been "one of those days" because when the thought hit me that Nate would go to school and he would not come home until 3:30, I thought that school was the best invention ever! Not that I don't enjoy being his mom, but well, you know....
Wow!!! I can't believe he is in school now! How fun for you and him! They need a break from us just as much as we need a break from them--even for just a few moments! It was hard sending my kids to kindergarten but I knew they loved learning and spending time with people other than just their mom and siblings!
Eric has grown up so much! He is so handsome!
I am so excited to send Sydney to school next week! I think Eric's backpack could eat him! He looks like a man on a mission, ready to conquer kindergarten!
Really? Eric is already in school! I can't believe how big he is getting. Enjoy the time you have with the girls. I sure wish I was able to hang out with you guys. Love you!
Post a Comment