So today Eric asked me if I would get him a phone to take to school with him, in case he needed to call someone. So now I am wondering if he sneaks out at night and hangs out with teenagers or what? It is just funny to me that he notices how most people have their own phone that they take with them, and well, why shouldn't he have one too. I tried my best to explain to him that teachers really don't let you talk on the phone during school. He really couldn't understand why not. I suppose he has a lot to learn in school, and perhaps I have a lot to learn about being a parent of a school age child.
Eric and I also talked today about how this is just the very beginning of a long time of going to school. He can hardly believe that Uncle Carson is still in school and has been going every since he was Eric's age now (I bet you can't believe it either Carson!). He also can't believe that school is going to take up so much time during the day (we have all day kindergarten in Arizona) and asked me when he was going to get to play if he was in school all day. In a way it is sad to see an end to this part of his carefree life, but on the other hand, this has been a long time coming..... He did, afterall, have an extra year of childhood because I waited this extra year to send him to school.
So Sunday I asked Rachel to clean up some things that were on the floor in her room. She (bravely, I might add) responded that it was her room and she wasn't going to. Well, I said, "it is my house though." Not to be outdone, she then told me "yes, but it is Jesus' world."
7 comments:
Yipee! I love that you have a blog now and I love the name...very classy just like my Rebecca. Your family picture turned out fantastic and you look GREAT!
I'm so glad you started a blog!!
I feel all mixed up about Benjamin being gone all day this year. He's pretty excited though, and hasn't given much thought to being able to play. I bet that's because (as he tells everyone he meets) he gets three recesses during school.
that is so funny. haylee keeps asking me for a phone too. i told her when she goes to middle school. she thinks that she needs on so bad and your right i dont think they know they cant use it when they are in class. Luke starts 1st grade in two weeks and is excited to be there all day.(so am i) i wont have anymore kids at home. crazy huh? your family is so cute. keep in touch.
that is too funny. Haylee keeps asking me for a phone too. she is crazy! that is crazy that eric goes all day for kindergarten. Luke will start 1st grade in two weeks and he is so excited. i cant wait i will be all by myself and i can do anything i want. fun huh!!!
Good for you, Rachel! That's quote of the year material. I laughed out loud when I read it. Anna starts school in a few weeks, but Kindergarten here is three hours, with a short day on Friday of two hours! Lame...
Oh, Rachel! What a great come back! Did she figure out that Jesus would want her to obey her mother and clean her room? :)
Oh, and I'll totally let you know if I hear that Eric is out in the 'hood at night.
wha?? little rachel is talking back? she would never. and, i am sure that eric has stocks to trade and clients to contact during recess. what about all the work he could get done during his commute? you should really be a bit more reasonable! :)
Post a Comment