Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Brother and Sister

So it has been almost nine years since my last one, but the other day I recieved a homework assignment. My brother has just started the executive MBA program at BYU and needed people who know him well to help him identify some of his greatest strengths for a leadership class he is taking. I have spent a lot of time thinking about him the last few days and have started to really miss him. It made me sad to realize we haven't nearly spent as much time together since we both got married as I wish we could have. We have had some fun times though, and I really love how our children are such good friends.

I also have been thinking about my sister Amanda. It has been so fun watching her as a new mother-so adorable with little Todd. We talk on the phone almost daily and I am so thankful for her friendship. It is nice to have someone to talk with who came from the same place as you and understands you that much better.

Anytime I meet people who don't have siblings it makes me a little sad for them that they have missed out on some of the greatest friendships in this life. Love you Robert and Amanda, thanks for still putting up with me, I really try my hardest not to be bossy anymore! You two couldn't have picked better spouses. Emily and Carson I love you both too!!!
Robert, Amanda and me. Christmas 2006

A younger, more well rested version of the three of us back at Robert's wedding in 2000.

Yet an even younger version!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love you too Rebecca. Thanks for the nice comments! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful siblings!

montanawildflower said...

I LOVE your red dress! You've always been so classy. I love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca. My name is Jared Justice, I grew up with Tim and trained him in the mission.Please have him give me a call.6788579136

Thanks